Sunday, August 6, 2017

Not sure anyone follows this anymore and that's okay

With Facebook, Instagram and other social media, not too many people keep up their blogs anymore. I am a little guilty myself. However a few years ago, I dropped a hard drive. It was full of pictures I couldn't get back or replace. I realized if it hadn't been for my blog, I would not have any photos from Gavin's first two years of life. I determined to do at least an annual photo update.

I just finished catching up for the past 6 months. It's been quite a semester. There are definitely experiences I won't soon forget. Feelings that I didn't expect for occasions I thought I was prepared for. Living it is so different than the anticipation of a life event you know is inevitable. I remember Brother Christensen telling us that there are things we must experience to fully understand. We "knew" a great deal in the Spirit world before we were born. If knowing were enough, we wouldn't have needed to experience life. Our wise Father in Heaven knew we needed to experience things because it's the living that takes everything to a whole new level of understanding and appreciation.

This week my Sunday School lesson is on keeping a journal. As I read the article, it said that we need to find a journal that will withstand generations and keep a record. I thought about all the paper journals I have. My mission journal that was all but destroyed by mold and moisture when it was being stored somewhere that flooded. I still have many of my paper journals from my youth, but cyberspace is not going anywhere anytime soon. If I can get online, I can find my blog.

My kids love to go back to the old videos and watch themselves. What I uploaded and wrote about because I was bored, is a treasure trove to them. You never know how little things from your past will inspire your future. We are admonished to write about the Lord's hand in our lives so we can recognize His love and blessings for us when times are tough.

I'm living through difficult times, but I'm calm. I trust that the Lord will provide. We will be sustained and blessed somehow. My husband quit his job. It's a little scary, but it's taking a step into the dark to find something better. Something more that we need to improve our lives and our savings for the future. The first thing that happens when he quits? I require emergency surgery. I'm not looking forward to that bill, but as I said. I am not panicking.

My husband recently gave me a blessing as I was going back to work. It was evident that both of us need to trust in the Lord. He has plans for this little family. We just need to have faith that all things will work out for our good. He is fighting our battles for us and a way will be provided. I'm sitting back and waiting for the miracle. I know it will come. He's not let us down before.

No comments: