Friday, August 4, 2017

April 2017 Grandma's Funeral

Jessica and Leejean and me. Grandma left strict instructions that she didn't want tears. It was hard to be obedient, but we made a valiant effort. Most everyone was present in the family. It was hard to cry with such a family reunion. I'm sure she was having one on the other side of the veil.


It's hard to tell, but she looked like she was smiling. I'm happy for her, so sad for us. I feel her presence now and then. I know she loves me. I'm grateful to know her love for me and that she's watching out for me on the other side. I don't remember the love of all my ancestors that died before I was born, but I knew hers and I feel it even now. I miss her so much. I hope that I can show my kids and grandkids the kind of love she showed me. 

Lanett and Devin at the casket where Grandma was buried.

Dad's eulogy.


Grandpa Ellis with Grandma's casket.

Great Grandkids

Kids with spouses. Randy and Chris, Kevin and Sylvia, Kim and Tammy, Harold and Merilee, Jeff and Diane (Margo's husband and his 2nd wife), Barry and Lanett, Garrin and Stefanie. Grandpa Ellis in the middle.

Mom and us girls, Tanya, Ginger, Mandy and Me

Ammon

Me, Tanya, Mom, Dad, Spencer, Jacob, Mandy, Ginger and Grandpa Ellis

The dirt hills near the house I grew up in Jerome, ID. I learned to ride a bike on the trails of this lot.

Another view of the dirt hills

House where we lived in Jerome from the time I was 7-11

The big trees in front of Grandma and Grandpa's house in Hagerman. I remember them being huge when I was little. Loved visiting this house and farm. We lived in a little house across the drive from here when I was born.

My grandparent's house from when I was little.

Grandkids and spouses

Grandkids

All the grandkids

Great grandkids present 

Grandpa and Tanya at the viewing

Grandpa and Leejean

Ginger and Jessica

Heath, Molly, Sammy, Karly and David

Mom at the viewing

Me and Mandy. She couldn't hold back the tears. I could tell she missed Grandma and family

Cousins and family waiting for the family prayer before the funeral. It was standing room only.

No comments: