Thursday, January 24, 2008

Lily wants to dance too. . .

This past December, Jessica had a dance performance at a nursing home. With limited space available, Lily and I managed to squeeze onto the floor with her in my lap. . .at first. It didn't take long for her to get up and follow the teacher who was helping the young girls remember their dances. I was a little concerned that she would dart out onto the floor and join them. I think a few of the audience members were watching her more than the performers. When they did the tap dances, Lily learned that she needs to pick up her feet in addition to moving her little body around. She has since taken to putting on her big sister's shoes and "tapping" around the house. Today as Jessica got ready for dance class, Lily could not be outdone. I'm not sure how she managed to get into the leotard (it is on backwards by the way), but she certainly was ready for entertaining! (I realized that I wouldn't be able to rotate a couple of seconds after I started recording - I apologize for the need to look sideways.)

No comments: