We have a scrolling screen saver of all the photos saved on the computer. Instead of watching Dora as usual, Lily was paying more attention to the pictures on the screen. Suddenly she says, "Mom, take a picture of me for the computer!" I asked her why and she said, "Because Jessica has more pictures than me." I asked her how she would take a picture for the computer and she struck this pose.
Yesterday on the way to Story time Lily asks, "Mom how do we go this way every day?" She continued to repeat the question though I had no idea what her question meant or how to answer it. Finally I said, "Lily do you just talk because you like the sound of your own voice?" She replied, "Yes, I do." Pause. "LAAaaaaaa!"
For those who don't know my little wonder, she likes to give a running commentary on everything she thinks, sees, does, and feels throughout the day. I.E. "Mom, I see a bird. I see a tree. I had to say goodbye to my tree. I'm hungary. That was delicious. I love going to the campfire. This is the best campfire, EVER in my whole life! I found a story. We're walking to the library. I got in the car. This is where I sit in the car. There's my school! It's so beautiful! That school has beautiful toys. There's Emily's house. I want to play with Emily, Mom. When can we play with Emily. I dreamed about you, Mom."

No comments:
Post a Comment