Monday, March 2, 2009

Many faces of Motherhood



This past weekend Jhonny and I were discussing Career and life choices. As we brainstormed what it is he wants to do with his life other than just make money. . . he asked me about my career choices. After pondering I realized that I am exactly where I want to be at this time in my life. A mom.
Perhaps in a few years I may have the desire to go back to work and continue on the counseling path, but for now - my kids are my priority. They're only young once and then they're gone. I don't want to miss this important step in my life and theirs. So I have no regrets. I was happy when I was teaching, even happier as a school counselor, but motherhood is priceless.
So even though number four is coming a little sooner than I'd planned, I'm looking forward to our new addition. That is if this baby will make it all the way. The doctor gave me a scare on Friday about a possible miscarriage, but come what may - the show must go on. The Lord knows what He is doing. He's always been in control of this miracle called birth - so if this is meant to be, it will be. Meanwhile, I'm told that morning sickness is a GOOD sign. Ugh. . .

No comments: