Monday, December 8, 2008

Sorry I've been a bit incognito

It's finally out of the bag so I can post again. The biggest thing on my mind for the past couple of weeks has been this new calling I officially recieved yesterday. It came as quite a surprise as it's the one calling I would never ask for or consider myself as a candidate for, but somehow my name came up multiple times and here I am, the new Relief Society President of the Rockdale Branch. You may think, "What?" As did I, but I have been reassured many times that I am the right person for this job. We shall see. I'm certainly willing to give it a shot if that's what the Lord wants me to do. I look forward to lots of growth in the near future.
As with any new challenge, I am sure the Lord will qualify me for this new job. I have no doubt about that. I'm looking forward to getting things under way and discussing stuff with my presidency. When asked what I would do if I were called to this position my immediate response was, "I'd call me some really good counselors." Well, someone must have listened to my request, because I got two of the best ones I could have asked for.
So I could say that I don't really have a clue as to how to be a Relief Society President, but I feel that's a pretty weak excuse, because huh - the Lord knows what I need to know and I guess he'll let me know if I'm not doing it right. And then there's this handy thing called a handbook - so I really have no excuse. As my support people have said and I know from past experience in other positions when I "haven't had a clue" - the Spirit will guide and teach me along the way. What more can I do? I have a way of learning things pretty fast - so I'm not really too worried yet about all that I don't know. I guess I've gotten away with being free from the fire for a while and it's time to stretch again. Lucky me!
Anyway - now you know. That's what's been keeping me away from the bloggersphere for a while. I hope to post more soon. I do have some pics from Thanksgiving with our friends and a few other fun things. . . more later if I can.

1 comment:

Leejean Stanger said...

Wow, congrats Chalice. You'll do great. love ya tons