Friday, after a full week, I rushed to complete Jessica's dress to match Lily's for Gavin's special day at church. We've been anticipating this day for almost four months. My younger brother finally came home from his mission and we were excited to see him report. My mom suggested that we just combine this occasion with Gavin's blessing and have a super family dinner afterwards to celebrate October birthdays in the family (Ray, Mandy, and Me.) So it was a full weekend.Earlier on in the week Dad asked me to speak along with Jake in church. I was crazy to say yes, but by the time I realized it, it was too late to back out. Friday night we caught up with Jake and went to bed LATE. I dreamed that I was at the church meeting and it was my turn to give the talk, but I hadn't prepared my talk yet!?! When I woke up, what a relief to realize that it was still Saturday and I still had a day to prepare!
However first we had plans to go to the temple and do some work for Jhonny's family. They've been waiting a long time for this to be completed and words can't describe the amazing experience it was to be in the temple and do some of this work for them. We were fortunate enough to have a Spanish Sealer to officiate in the ceremony. He performed the ordinance in Spanish and the Spirit was incredible. I could feel the gratitude, humility, love, excitement, and relief of these wonderful people that I'm pleased to say are my family.
No time to dwell on this wonderful experience however, because I still had a talk to write. So we hurried back home and after getting my baby situated, I began working on it. This is tough for me - not because I have a hard time speaking, but because I can go on forever. Knowing this was a special day for Jake to speak, I didn't want to take up too much time, yet I really wanted to say something worthwhile in the short time given. So, it took me a little time to write it and all day to RE write it and edit!! I finished about 10pm and turned to finish putting buttons on the girls' dresses and getting things ready for the next morning. 

Sunday I was pleased to find out the Elliotts, who were in our ward in Venezuela and participated in our wedding, made it out to the meeting. Brother Elliott, David Amadio (my best friend's husband), the Bishop of my parent's ward, my dad and brother were all there to stand in the circle to help bless Gavin. It was a beautiful blessing and I can definitely say I'm grateful for the priesthood!
My talk went well according to my feedback and Jake's talk was perfect. He also sang a song and did a beautiful job topping an already wonderful meeting.
After church we gathered at Mom and Dad's house for food. Tiffany, Jake's long time buddy that he's known since birth drove up from Clute for the day. The missionaries came over and Tanya was blessed to be able to drive a car down for Mom and made it too. Mandy and Jason's family were obviously there and we had great food and lots of dessert choices. After us birthday people blew out our candles, Grandma let all the rest of the grandkids blow out a candle too.The time came too quickly to leave for home. It was one of those times that everything met all my expectations and beyond.
5 comments:
Happy birthday, and welcome home Jake. HE looks good. How is he adjusting?
Wow, Congrats!!!! And Happy Birthday on the 15th? Love ya tons.
i didnt know your birthday was the 15th... i thought it was the 20th or something...
i am bad at important dates...
it was good to see you all this weekend... sorry i was too tired to really engage... i was for sure happy to see you all and be home for such a fun day
No - it is the 20th. Leejean and I just have this thing where we can't remember the exact date of eachother's birthdays.
What a special day! Your kids look beautiful - you are a talented seamstress. LOVE the yellow dresses!
Post a Comment