Saturday, April 3, 2010

Jhonny brought home a puppy and other Spring Updates

Spring Break in Dallas
Lily's hero!
Fastest wagon in the west!

Pretty in pink!

Farmer Lily (Children's Museum)

Paleontologist Gavin
Buddy, the newest member of the family
Lily's Easter Egg Hunt at Discovery Days
(Here she is dressed in her birthday outfit she picked out from Kohl's that she couldn't wait to wear.)

Lily and Savannah comparing their finds
With my crazy schedule I rarely get to blog anymore. However to keep the journal for posterity alive in cyberspace somewhere here's the latest happenings since our snow day.
I finished up three homebound students and subbed at the high school and intermediate school. I picked up another homebound student last week and it looks like I'll get one more before the year is out. I'm still looking for a "real" job next year. I had a good panel interview in Houston to keep my options open. It was so nice to be wanted. Makes trying to stay here even tougher. Rockdale better call first or I will have an extremely hard time turning down an offer. Not to mention my parents aren't exactly voting for our extension in Rockdale.
Over Spring Break we made our postponed trip up north to visit our friends. The kids had fun playing, Jhonny had fun watching Back to the Future, and I enjoyed relaxing and visiting with our friends. We also made it to the Children's Museum and exhausted ourselves there. Thanks so much to our wonderful hosts for putting us up!
Jessica is getting ready for her baptism in July. July 11th to be exact for anyone who wants to drop in for that. Maybe you should call so I can give more details.
Lily is getting ready to turn 4 next week. Lily has been planning her party since Christmas and it's finally upon us. It should be fine if we can afford her wishes since as you probably guessed from the title above - Jhonny brought home a dog.
It was "free" and he fell in love at first sight. I've tried to reason with the poor guy about our finances and inability to provide this work and sport dog with all it's needs - to no avail. He won't let me place Buddy anywhere else. He's playing oblivious to the recent dog bite I sustained in January (still have that scar). Oh no. He's part of the family now. Maybe when we are making more money my heart strings will lighten up.
Anyway - we had to outfit the thing with a few essentials to avoid destruction of the backyard that added up until wow - Lily's birthday money was gone. We told her she got the dog for her birthday. She said she still needed presents. After some thinking, Jhonny sacrificed his Kohl's gift card for her. I took her with me to Houston on Wednesday and she had a good time shopping. Of course she wouldn't let me wrap up her outfits and has already gotten plenty of use out of them in the past few days. Happy Birthday my sweetheart.
Gavin is finally starting to talk. Phew! I was getting a little worried. He's copying everything we say - okay it's a little mumbled and abbreviated, but at least I can almost make out words. "Puppy! Outside! Cereal! Breakfast! Juice! I want that! Dora! Backpack! Uh oh, Yeah!"
Easter is upon us. This is Lily's favorite holiday. Maybe cuz she associates it with her birthday. We went to eat at Chick-filé on Wednesday for her birthday. There was an Easter sign hanging over the register. She was sure it said, "Happy Birthday Lily!" well "Happy Easter" is close enough, right? Thursday Lily had her Easter egg hunt at school. She was an expert and grabbed up 34 eggs. We had to redistribute the wealth and cut back to her favorite 12 eggs to be fair. Yesterday we invited some friends over to hunt eggs and play. They had so much fun!
We've got conference planned for the rest of the weekend. April will fly by just like the rest of the semester has already. We're looking forward to visiting Houston next weekend, the temple the next weekend and the branch campout towards the end of this month. Then it's just one more month and school will be out. I really hope Jhonny gets to teach summer school otherwise. . .well I don't want to think about that.

No comments: